Here are 5 facts to convince you that prospects for employment in Manufacturing are strongly bullish and worthy of consideration for your own career or the career of someone that you love.
Facts courtesy of BLS:
- The 36,000 jobs manufacturers added in August 2017 were the fastest monthly gain in five years;
- The number also increased for the third consecutive month;
- June and July hires were revised upwards by 19,000 jobs from original estimates;
- Manufacturing employment has risen by 155,000 over the last 9 months- 17,000 average;
- Total manufacturing employment rose to 12.48 million, up 1.03 million since the Great Recession;
- Bonus! Total manufacturing employment is highest it has been since January 2009;
Our PMPA Business Trends Report continues to show strongly positive Employment sentiment- 90% (or more) of shops expecting employment prospects for the next three months to remain the same or increase- since last November. Last month it was 96%.
Manufacturing employment is on the increase. Great careers, not “labor jobs.” Interesting work. Our precision machining companies are looking for people to bring their talents.
And that’s no bull!
Now is the perfect time to consider a Game Changing Career in Precision Manufacturing.
Chart and Analysis Courtesy Chad Moutray at NAM.