This social media / networking stuff is new to all of us, so here are seven tips from Bernard Martin on how to optimize your profile on LinkedIn.
- Fill in all the blanks.
- Connect to everyone that you know.
- Make sure that you are “open”to connect.
- Develop a department level outline for Linked In Profiles, Settings, (URL’s and Links).
- Define “Who” Targets “Whom.”
- Leverage your company’s connections at “individual” level.
- Create / develop your company profile.
Bernard Martin is President of Rapid Production Marketing and is active contributor on many LinkedIn groups in the manufacturing space.
He is frighteningly active on Twitter @rpmconsultants .
He has always advanced the conversation when he has contributed to discussions in which I was involved.
I think that these 7 takeaways were worth the time I took away from walking the exhibits at IMTS. Your LinkedIn profile is important because this is how you are seen online professionally these days.
How you are seen by your colleagues, employer, competitors, and customers.
What tips do you have for effectively using your LinkedIn Resources?