Leadership is about action, not potential. Global Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) data shows that it is the USA, not China, that is leading the world out of the slowdown.
Here are 5 reasons that PMI data is relevant evidence for your analysis
- PMI is a reliable fact-based indicator as opposed to opinion or confidence-based indicators.
- PMI is produced monthly, faster than comparable official data series.
- PMI covers almost all private sector economic activity in many countries (including the all-important service sectors).
- PMI are not revised after publication.
- PMI are produced using the same methodology in all countries where they are produced- assuring comparability.
While we associate the PMI data with the Institute for Supply Management, the fact is that Markit Economics is the firm doing the actual surveys and reporting.
How do you read the above PMI Data?