To advance member companies is part of the PMPA’s Mission; “to identify legislative issues having a significant impact on the Precision Machining Industry… to provide information to impact those issues” is part of the PMPA Government Affairs Committee’s Mission.
The Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 signed into law today by President Obama, includes the following provisions to help small manufacturers remain competitive: It creates a $30 billion lending fund to provide community banks with capital to increase small business lending
- Expands access to and lowers the costs for small business to access Small Business Administration (SBA) loans and increases loan limits
- Spurs investors by giving 100% exclusion from capital gains taxes on small business investments
- Reduces small business taxes by allowing them to carry back general business tax credits to offset their taxes from the previous five years
- Doubles small business expensing for immediate write-offs of capital investments, such as equipment and machinery, in 2010 and 2011.
- Extends bonus depreciation
- Spurs investment and growth – giving small businesses more cash on hand to create jobs
Government affairs work takes time. Passion. Patience.
We’re glad to show that the hard work of our Government affairs committee has had a desired result: Legislation releasing money for small business loans to help us stay competitive, hire new employees, and restore American Manufacturing’s Competitiveness.
Thats just one thing that our trade association has done lately.
Just like you, we are getting important work done. Shouldn’t you belong?