Of course prices have risen.
We finally are back to manufacturing expansion following 18 months of contraction in the manufacturing sector. Supply chain pretty much destocked. Low inventories. Domestic mills operating at 47% of capacity. Global influences on scrap and raw materials. You need a program to follow this game. We’re providing you one with this edition of PMPA’s Material Impacts Report.
The prices of the raw materials that we track have continued to rise with double digit percentage gains over January with one exception: China Coke. Year over year, all prices are still down significantly.
- Aluminum: Up 18.65% from January
- Copper: Up 86.67% from January.
- Nickel: Up 27% from May, up 4.44 % since January.
- Steel Busheling: Up 26.67% from January.
- China Coke: Down 2.73% from January.
We have seen price increase announcements in addition to surcharge increases since our last report.
Details in PMPA’s Material Impacts Report.