Informed is prepared.
OSHA just added and published a new chapter addressing noise to the OSHA Technical Manual.
This new chapter provides technical information and guidance to help Compliance Safety and Health Officers (CSHOs) evaluate Noise hazards in the workplace.
The content is based on currently available research publications, OSHA standards, and consensus standards.
The chapter is divided into six main sections.
- Introduction and background information about noise and noise regulations and an overview of noise controls.
- Worksite noise evaluations, including noise measurement equipment, noise evaluation procedures, and noise sampling.
- Investigative guidelines (including methods for planning the investigation) and outlines a strategy for conducting noise evaluations.
- Noise hazard abatement and control, including engineering and administrative controls, hearing protection, noise conservation programs, cost comparisons between noise hazard abatement options, and case studies.
- References used to produce this chapter and resources for obtaining additional information.
- Appendices provide a glossary of terms, sample calculations, and expanded discussion of certain topics introduced in the chapter.
You might also want to grab a copy of the OSHA Employers Rights And Responsibilities Handbook that we posted about here in October 2011.
New Noise Chapter PDF (updated broken link at 9:38 am Thursday 14 Nov 2013)
PMPA takes our responsibility to help our members intelligently manage the risks of regulation burden.
How do YOU stay on top of all of the new regulations emerging from Washington D.C. regulators these days?